* DECISION MAKING AT MAP CORPORATE LEGAL FIRM
Our firm believes in providing valuable & appropriate service to our clients as our clients come first. Therefore decision making is a big responsibility and can create a big impact on the legal service our clients are seeking from us.
The partners of the firm get involved in the key decision-making process and work in collaboration with the client stakeholders & internal team. The principal and the senior associates handle the day to day work and administration of the firm
* THE GROWTH OF THE FIRM
Over the last 7 years ever since we started our services in the legal domain, our clients have been our biggest influencers and have referred us a lot of business within their professional network.
As a niche firm focusing primarily in the practice area of dispute resolution and general corporate advisory, advising clients on a plethora of issues, we as a firm have received excellent feedback from our clients, peers & other ecosystem partners for the innovative manner, in which we tackle legal issues.
We believe our strong network of clients will ensure great success for us and therefore we invest a lot of our time & intelligence to retain our clients by providing the customer satisfaction and customer experience.
Our Core values also include customer satisfaction &experienceas a key value that the whole team has to be abiding with.
* STRONGEST PRACTICE AREAS
Alternative Disputes resolution which is a method of resolving a dispute without litigation. Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) refers to any means of settling disputes outside of the courtroom. ADR typically includes early neutral evaluation, negotiation, conciliation, mediation, and arbitration. General corporate advisory.
* MOST INTERESTING LEGAL COURSE
Corporate and Civil Dispute Resolution, specifically arbitration which is the key focus area and motivates us the most. Arbitration is a simplified version of a trial involving limited discovery and simplified rules of evidence. The arbitration is headed and decided by an arbitral panel. To comprise a panel, either both sides agree on one arbitrator, or each side selects one arbitrator and the two arbitrators elect the third. Arbitration hearings usually last between a few days to a week, and the panel only meets for a few hours per day.
*OTHER AREAS OF LAW WHICH FIRM IS WILLING TO PROVIDE EXPERTISE ON
We have done some advising in the field of projects and regulatory & policy and would like to further develop a practice in these areas.
* Project practice is present in various Infrastructure sectors, such as Energy & Natural Resources (Power, Oil & Gas and Minerals), Transport (Roads & Highways, Ports, Railways / Rapid Transit Systems, Aviation), Municipal Infrastructure (including Water & Sanitation services and Telecom). In these areas, we have been engaged in advising Project developers, Investors and Suppliers & Contractors on diverse commercial / transactional issues.
* Regulatory practice includes representing our clients in regulatory proceedings before and consultations with diverse regulatory authorities on diverse matters including issues related to merger control, abuse of dominance and anti-competitive behavior, tariff determination, licensing, non-discriminatory open access in network infrastructure, market design, performance regulation and adjudicatory proceedings.
* Policy practice encompasses: Legislative, policy & sector strategic legal advisory; Structuring legal and regulatory frameworks to facilitate effective public-private partnerships in Infrastructure & social sectors, Public procurement, Restructuring & reform initiatives, Economic & safety regulation in diverse Infrastructure sectors, Competition regulation, Indirect Tax, International Trade Regulation; and Environment, Rehabilitation & Resettlement (R&R) and Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) and disaster management.
* FIRM’S EXPANSION
It’s always important for firms to look at expansion and productivity growth. This growth could happen related to a headcount of smart & intelligent teams, Good Clientele base and having offices in multiple geographies.
Our short-term goal is to plan and increase our clientele base to 4 folds from here, hire the right talent & expand our team size, invest in training & Learning to make teams more effective in their day to day operations.
Using our Partners years of experience, we intend to Build a team that can be more proactive and effective in their responsibly to the customers assigned to them. This is also lined with our overall growth plan to become a fully established law firm.
* VIEWS ON CORRUPTION IN INDIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM
Corruption in any field is cause for grave concern, even more so, when it is associated with the justice system. Indian judiciary is mostly upright and honest, however, rare incidents in the past have reminded us of that some apples do fall far from the tree.
* FAST TRACK COURT
Due to our growing population & growing cases in the court, which has been running for years & decades, we are privileged to have the concept of fast-track court.
The fast-track court is the right step taken, to speed up the judicial process, bypassing of enactments like the commercial court’s act and the Insolvency bankruptcy code, wherein, the legal process has to streamline to favor early disposal. More enactments of such nature are the way forward.
* BIGGEST PROBLEMS FACED BY LAW FIRM
When it comes to corporate laws, it is seen that clients become more demanding, they start seeking facilities like low price, fixed prices, superior quality legal services, quick turnaround time, transparency of communication and so on. Another problem that is being observed among corporate law firms is that the supply is higher than the demand. The result is corporate lawyers will have to become more competitive to survive their means of livelihood.
Justice delayed is justice denied, unless, we provide justice within a reasonable time frame, it wouldn’t be proper justice. Moreover, in the recent years, a new breed of scrupulous litigants has cropped up, who have a tendency of filing cases based on knowingly false pleadings, we need to weed out such practices
* JUDICIAL ROLE MODEL GOOGLE, WIKIPEDIA
Dr. Arun Mohan the senior Supreme court lawyer, who has been associated with courts for 39 years, had taken time off from his work to write four volumes on the Indian judicial system and the problems that confront “everyday justice” as a public service project. Who was designated a senior advocate by the Delhi High Court at the young age of 33 years, apart from his success in courts, he has written several books on the justice delivery system, notably, “Justice, Courts and Delays” which has been dedicated to the cause of justice delivery to the masses in the country. Book aims to educate the common man on how court delays can be prevented.