Company Name : VMware
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:39PM IST (11:09AM GMT)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Frost & Sullivan’s HCMI model creates a path for enterprises to evaluate their Cloud journey based on the benchmarking exercise against two aspects – Strategic Excellence and Technology Excellence. This platform aims to help understand the maturity of hybrid cloud adoption in India.
According to the assessment, Enterprises realize that cloud is a critical foundation for digital transformation, therefore, more than 70% of enterprises surveyed have already started to use cloud services. However, only 24% of these enterprises in India currently have well-defined strategic objectives aligned to migrating applications to the cloud (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS). 
Apalak Ghosh, Program Manager and Head of Cloud Computing, Frost & Sullivan, “From the enterprises that we assessed, we saw that although Public Cloud is the most used model, Hybrid Cloud is expected to be an industry standard within the coming years and is expected to nearly double in next 2-3 years.”
Pradeep Nair, VP, and MD, VMware India, “Indian organizations are at an interesting juncture where they are determined to leverage technology for development and growth. VMware is positioned better than ever to help Indian organizations get the best out of their technology investments. Adoption of cloud native technologies can give Indian companies an advantage in today's dynamic business environment, helping to promote the Industry 4.0 in the country.”
BS Nagarajan, senior director and chief technologies, VMware India, “Hybrid cloud are unlocking unprecedented opportunities for businesses to leverage nearly infinite resources across the data center, cloud and edge. IT organizations are increasingly turning to Hybrid Cloud to empower their businesses to deliver the optimal environment for all their applications. The Hybrid Cloud Maturity Index (HCMI) assessment underlines the eagerness of Indian enterprises looking to embrace Hybrid Cloud with adoption likely to double in the next 2-3 years. This is because Hybrid Cloud provides a high level of security, control, and performance while maintaining flexibility, scalability, and economies of scale.”
Key highlights from the HCMI assessment –
- Need for robust Cloud Migration strategy
- More than 60 percent of enterprises surveyed have said that they are using cloud services but do not have strategic objectives aligned with cloud migration.
- IT leaders need to consider cloud as a strategic business enabler, rather than solely to solve tactical problems. Therefore, robust cloud migration strategies with mapped to objectives such as ROI, TCO, etc. becomes vital.
- Hybrid Cloud gaining traction
- Hybrid and multi-cloud environments are gaining in-roads as businesses seek flexible IT environments, and vendors introduce new management platforms that support a variety of services and protocols.
- Hybrid cloud adoption is expected to double in the next two years. Enterprises with effective Hybrid Cloud architecture are expected to better cope with the evolving business requirement in this digital era.
- Need to upskill the IT workforce
- More than 65 percent of organizations have said that a lack of highly trained experts is a challenge for managing Hybrid Cloud environments
- Enterprises need to up-skill and train the IT/Technology team to enable effective management and enablement of Hybrid IT environments
- Need for Proper Workload Assessment
- Some businesses start migrating their workloads to the cloud without proper due diligence of their applications and workloads, which leads to multiple challenges such as less optimized workloads, security issues, etc.
- Enterprises need to have a standard process for their workload assessment before migrating any application to a suitable cloud environment.
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to customers globally, aided by an extensive ecosystem of partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact.
For more information, please visit https://www.vmware.com/company.html
VMware, Carbon Black, Pivotal, VeloCloud, and VMware EMPOWER are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.
To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
Frost & Sullivan is committed to ensuring your data privacy. For more information please visit our privacy notice to view Frost & Sullivan's commitment to the GDPR Source: BUSINESS WIRE INDIA
More News from VMware
VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a leading innovator in enterprise software, received top honors at Frost & Sullivan’s 2020 India ICT Best Practices Awards for its outstanding performance as the ‘Enterprise Mobility Management ...
VMware Gets Industry Support for VMinclusion Taara, as Unique Return to Work Program Reaches a New Milestone
VMinclusion Taara, one of India’s largest up-skilling programs, that aims to help women restart their careers after a break has recently reached a new milestone of 6,000+ registrations.
VMware Announces Expanded Portfolio of Products and Services to Help Customers Modernize Applications and Infrastructure
VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to help customers modernize their applications and infrastructure—marking a new chapter for the company.
Piramal Glass Leads the Way in Streamlining Cross-Border Trade Digitisation Using the #dltledgers Blockchain Platform
Piramal Glass, Asia’s largest speciality glass manufacturer, has successfully kicked off its first cross-border trade digitisation programme using blockchain. The company is prioritising the technology in 2021 as a ...